Follow these steps...
Step # 1: Create a draft of a podcast script. This script should include the following:
- MLA Heading
- Introduction- Welcome audience to podcast.
- Title and author of literary work being reviewed.
- Full name of reviewer (That's you.)
- Review of book.
- Closing - thank audience for listening.
Step # 2: The book review should answer the following questions (and include any other information related to the book that you'd like to include):
- What's the basic plot of the book? (Avoid spoliers as much as possible.)
- What genre is the book - horror, thriller, romance, non-fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.?
- Why did the reviewer choose this particular book?
- Was it a fast or slow read? Why?
- Would the reviewer read it again? Why/why not?
- Would the reviewer ever read other books by this same author? Why/why not?
- How does the book compare to other books?
Step # 3: Edit and revise podcast script. Create two hard copies of the "final" draft (one to hand in to Mrs. Juster and one to keep).
Step # 4: Select music to use as an introduction to your podcast. This music will also serve to signal the conclusion of the podcast. (NOTE: Sound files must MP3 files.)
Step # 5: With the "final draft" of your script in hand, find a quiet place to record your voice. (See Mrs. Juster for an MP3 recorder.)
Step # 6: Use Audacity to combine voice/music recordings into one MP3 file which is your final product - your podcast. (If you don't have Audacity at home, click here for a free download.)
Step # 7: Open Photo-Story. (If you're doing this at home and don't have PhotoStory, click here for a free download.)
Step # 8: You'll create ONE slide in photo story. This slide should contain a photo of your book and include the following text:
Your Book Title
A Book Review Podcast by: Your Name
Step # 9: Follow the directions in PhotoStory (skipping over the "record your voice" step).When prompted to "customize motion" be sure to select 300 seconds (5 minutes) so your full podcast will be played.
Step # 10: Add your completed MP3 recording (voice & music combined) to Photo Story.
Step # 11: Edit & refine & "publish" your completed Podcast Book Review. Save a copy of your completed digital story (movie file) to our save folder.
Step # 12: Upload your completed podcast to our Google-Apps (See Mrs. Juster for specific file location directions.)