Throughout each semester, you will create and keep several Reader's & Writer's Digital Notebooks.
When you use Google-Docs to create these notebooks, you also leave a "breadcrumb trail" of your ongoing dialog with a text. This record of your thought process is automatically time stamped - revealing precisely what you did when. This helps prove the authenticity and originality of your work. You will also submit your notebook to Turn-It-In to add another layer of verifiable authenticity and originality.
As you record your response to text, DO NOT focus on summary. The focus is on your response and ongoing dialog with the text. Your Reader’s & Writer’s Digital Notebook will include:
- observations and insights about your reading process and experience
- text connections
- new vocabulary with definitions
- thinking questions
- research notes
- links to research sources
- passages (with parenthetical citations)
- detailed and in-depth responses to prompts
- nature journal responses
- viewing journal responses
- thesis development
- early drafting
Click here to see a sample Reader's & Writer's Digital Notebook.